CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mother-in-Law & Stuff

Auri, my MIL, just left this morning. Mike was taking her back home. She came on Thursday and stayed till today. It was a nice visit. Lots of times we don't see eye to eye. We have had words....mostly because she wants Mike and I to do things her way. In her country, children do as thier parents say even as adults. Of course myself being American and all, that is not how things go. I have always been polite in telling her that I respect her opinion but I am doing to do things the way Mike and I see fit. But that would just escalate her opinions. So 2 summers ago I had it! Mike and I both told her that we are adults, the children are our children, and that we would do things our way. I got tired and had to let her know where I stand and that I am not a pushover and things had to change. As expected she was very upset. But we stood our ground.

I am really happy to say that things have gotten alot better between us. When I see an opinionated comment coming on I let her know gently "We are all entitled to our opinions...and there are really no definitive right way to do something." I am really glad that things went really smoothly this visit. Since she is going back to her country for a visit we will not be seeing her till October. We will miss her while she is away.

Organizing.....
Yesterday I spent time going through all my Disney items for my scrapbook. I think I have decided that I would only work on our vacation album at expo. I am hoping to have it completed during the two crops that I will attend there. That way Mike, Leilani, and Christopher will be able to enjoy it when I get back from the weekend. In the process I have been formulating kits....I am hoping that my LSS Bazzill order has come in. I need to get everything ready!

Plans for the Day....
Christopher is still sleeping....he is a late riser! Has to charge up those batteries! LOL So I am going to finish cleaning up the living room/guest room (we have a sofa bed, so that is our guest room when company comes over....we really do need a bigger house!LOL) then get Chris ready to go to his last session of preschool storytime at the library. Then it is back to finish up my kits for expo! Woohoo! 2 more weeks!!!

0 comments: