CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

If there is one thing that I dread every month is dealing with the unbearable pain of cramps. When I was a teen, I suffered miserably! It got to the point where my skin paled a ghastly white, I would get immensely dizzy, and double over in pain....it was that bad. My poor best friend Brenda would get so scared whenever we were coming home from school or work or whatever and say "If death looked like something, it would probably look like you at that time of the month!". My little brother would go and do my bidding....running to the store for anything I needed. He was such a sweetie (still is!). What I remember most is people that told me "Oh it will get much better once you have kids"

Well it did! For a little while anyway. After giving birth to Leilani, I never suffered from cramps. NEVER, not one day. I was in heaven! Then I had Christopher......and all bets were off. It was as though the little cramp warden came around and said "Heeeeyyyyy!!!!! We see we have missed you in what.....4 years! Well, I guess we have to double up in order to catch up, now don't we?!?!?!"

This morning was one of those mornings. I woke up groaning....I was in so much pain. So I reluctantly got myself out of bed and woke up Leilani to get ready for school. She took one look at me and said "Mommy, you are not feeling well?" To which I nodded...."Mommy, it's Ok, I will go and eat a yogurt and carefully poor myself a glass of milk so you can rest a little longer." Is she precious or what??? I plugged in my heating pad and got an extra 20 minutes to recover. It did alleviate me a bit.

No Rest For The Weary...

So once Leilani came upstairs to tell me she was done, I knew I had to officially start my day. After all I had to get my bearings together since I had to babysit little Joseph. Leilani went off to school, Joseph came over, and I got around to doing my laundry chores. After he was picked up, I went to the stores to find a blouse for the skort I purchased for my mom for Mother's Day. The outfit is too cute! Now all I have to do is get it all packed up and ready to mail tomorrow morning. It will be there in time for Mother's Day!

Prayers Needed...

I got a call this afternoon letting me know that my uncle was in a freak accident over the weekend. He had just finished attending a Happy Hour after work and was waiting on a Subway platform for a train to take him home. He did what a lot of New Yorkers do....(and really shouldn't)....he decided to go to the edge of the platform to see if his train was coming. Little did he know that it was already approaching the station! In seconds the train hit him...he was immediately taken to the ICU. He suffered a collapsed lung and the loss of 3 of his fingers. He was moved to a regular room today, but now he is faced with the harsh reality that he will now be disabled. I am praying that God gives him the strength he will need to deal with this life altering experience....

0 comments: