CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yard Sale Finale

I have to say, yard sale day 2 was NOTHING....I repeat....NOTHING compared to yard sale day 1.

If we had 5 people stop by, it was alot. Luckily, it was a gorgeous day and we got to spend quality time together while we watched the cars go by. Mike ended up using the time to put together my cabinets for my "new" scrapbook nook! (More on that in days to come!)


I did end up taking Grandpa & Grandma A to a couple of yard sales nearby. I think I've created a monster! He was on the lookout all day for more! They ended up finding a like new $200 blender for $3!!! It was a steal! It worked perfectly fine too. I think the owner was disullusioned that one of the buttons were loose. Well, lets just say Grandpa tweaked it a bit, and now it is just fine!

For dinner we ended up going to our favorite Hibashi restaurant. It really pays to be nice to the owners and the staff because we didn't know this evening the place would be packed and a reservations only type of night. When we walked in I chatted with the owner as I always do and he looked in the dining room and said "If you don't mind the table in the back I can sit you right away. If not it will be at least 35 minutes." Of course we didn't mind. We just wanted some delicious Japanese food! We were shocked at how crowded it was for a non-holiday weekend! The food didn't disappoint, and we left with bellies full!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love yard sales!! Probably why I like thrift stores too. Nothing like getting a great bargain!