Waking up this morning to a brisk 60 degree morning was amazing. I love to sleep with the windows open...feeling the gentle breeze envelope the room and snuggling up to one of my little stowaways who managed to come in at the break of dawn.
As much as I enjoy the lazy days of summer, I much prefer the Fall. I can not wait to be able to go outdoors with simply a sweater, smelling the first scents of wood burning off nearby homes with fireplaces. I enjoy spending as much time outdoors taking in the wonderful colors nature blesses us with as the trees begin to change. All my favorite outdoor activities, foods, and events also occur in the Fall.....apple picking, pumpkin picking, hot apple cider, Fall festivals, birthdays (Mike, Chris, my nephew, 2 sisters, as well as mine), fresh baked pumpkin pie, and Thanksgiving.
As the last days of summer pass by, I am already filling our family calendar with dates for picking apples and pumpkins, as well as get togethers with family. I look forward to the days and nights growing cooler and enjoying the season in which nature provokes all our senses.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





3 comments:
I love summer and fall, but the 20 below zero winter days scare the bajesus outta me
I'm really looking forward to fall this year!!!! Let me know when you want to go pick pumpkins and apples!!!
I agree! I am a fall girl at heart...love the fall fests, the apple and pumpkin picking...the craft shows, dutch apple pie...cold apple cider, applesauce doughnuts, halloween, brisk weather, the changing of the leaves, cornstalks, enchanted hollow...oh boy!! I am excited as well:)
Post a Comment