The kiddies will be back at school.
As much as I say I enjoy the summers spent with them, I am glad we will be back on a specified schedule.
Yesterday was a very testing day and I wish they were already in school! Leilani was watching Hairspray in the playroom (which is actually suppose to be a formal living room, but I thought it would be more of a productive space as a play area for the kids. I don't have fru fru furniture for that room anyway). She is quite the dancer, so each time the movie would break in song, she would get up and dance. Of course listening to it at a normal level is out of the question. She has to have it loud enough to feel as though she is in a nightclub.
Meanwhile, Chris was watching Spongebob in the family room while I was organizing my new scrapbooking nook. As soon as a song finishes Leilani walks over to me and says "Mom, the UPS guy came." HUH? WHAT?? I race to the door, open it wide, and run out to see the truck on it's way down the road. I turn around and ask Leilani "Did he ring the doorbell?" She says "Yes." Now my temperature is starting to rise...."So why didn't you tell me? You were near the door and with the movie so loud, you were the only one who could hear it??" Her response "I was finishing my dance."
Picture a tea kettle when the water is boiling and it is letting out it's full whistle....Yes, that was me! I let her verbally have it. What is more important, dancing to the movie or the door bell? Remember the yellow ticket placed at the door on Friday? That is your brother's school clothes getting delivered.... Of course she gave that sheepish look and walked up to her room.
Of course the rest of the day didn't go any easier. I am dreading the full fledge teen years. Most days she is the perfect little girl, but it is on days like this that I think...."Oh boy, am I in for it when she's a teen."
Lord, help us!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Oh my gosh...I would be very upset as well...can you believe that today was bts for Abi and I had to have the tears and tantrums this morning????
Post a Comment