Avery Judith Lubrecht
October 31st, 2003 - August 8th, 2008
My heart aches for her family.
What started off as what seemed to be a stubborn case of the stomach flu, turned out to really be every parents worse nightmare. Thier pediatrician directed her parents to take Avery to the Emergency Room to get fluids administered when they thought she was getting dehydrated. While there and Triage nurse noticed her vision a little crossed and discovered a lump on the back of her head. She ordered a CAT scan just as a precaution. Turns out that CAT scan found the cause of her recurring vomiting and headaches....a tumor which days later was diagnosed as being cancerous: medulla blastoma(Large cell/Anaplastic PNET tumor).
I've kept up with the family's battle through her mom, Stacy's, blog. Her mom and I know each other through our local Moms Club. I'd cheer her on when good news was given, cried reading the blog when road bumps were on the road. And yesterday evening I bawled when I read her urgent update that little 4 year old Avery passed on.
Avery has definitely earned her wings. In her short life she not only touched the hearts of her family, but of many friends, acquaintances and total strangers. She definitely found a place in mine.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment