Why, you may ask?
In order to take Leilani to see the Jonas Brothers Live on Good Morning America!
We got two VIP wristbands from a friend of ours, Gemma. Her son had placed his name in a drawing in the hopes of winning Tony Hawk tickets. They drew his name instead to see the Jonas Brothers. Since she was having a garage sale there was no way she would be able to take her daughter. So she called the next person she knew for sure would trek to the city before dawn and knew it like the back of her hand.....me!
So we went to bed at 8:30pm, woke up at a quarter to two, and were out of the house by 2:15am to drive to the park and ride. We caught the first bus into the city at 3am and were on our way. We arrived in NYC at 4:30am and then walked to Bryant Park. We then located the line for VIP's and waited. At approximately 6:15 they started allowing those with wristbands to go in.
Leilani would ask me every 10 minutes, are they going to come on soon? And finally at 7am they did. They came out for a sound check which ended up being a mini concert in which they sang 5 songs. Thier latest hit, a couple of old favorites, and 2 new ones from thier new album to be released on Tuesday. She was on cloud 9! She sang along with them while Mommy did her required duty....taking photographs of course!
It was all over by 9am. While we walked out, Leilani looked up at me with a face filled with pure euphoria and said "Mom this was amazing! I actually saw the Jonas Brothers LIVE!"
If I had to do it all over again and wake up at 2am to trek to the city, I would. Just to see that face filled with pure bliss!
I leave you with a couple of photos I took. Enjoy!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





3 comments:
Very cool! Hope you sleep well tonight!
Oh my goodness!!!! What a score:) Abi would have killed for that...and yes it is soo worth it when you can see your kids are over the moon with happiness.
I read about your friends daughter...so sad. Prayers were sent for her parents and family.
And what a great idea to do a favorite things party! I will keep that in mind! So can you give me the details? Do you buy your favorite thing for a bunch of people to exchange??
Amazing! I walked by the park on Friday and I couldn't believe how packed it was.
4:30 a.m.? Now that's dedication!
Post a Comment