CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day....Finally!


I woke up this morning with a start. The phone was ringing at 5am. What the heck??? All of a suddento my thoughts ran to "Oh my, I hope nothing has happened to any of my loved ones." I could not think of any reason other than an emergency for someone to be calling at that time.

It turned out being Lei's school....they were notifying us of a 90 minute delay. Of course now I couldn't fall back to sleep. So I went downstairs for a cup of orange juice. I opened up the front door to remind Mike to buy a ticket on the way home, and was greated by a beautiful blanket of a white coating of snow. Everything was covered. I knew that 90 minute delay was going to turn into the school day being canceled.

Of course I was correct. At 7sm I got another phone call. Township schools calling again to revise thier previous message. School would be closed for the day. Leilani was so excited when I walked over to her bedroom at 7:45am and I drew up her blinds and she saw the snow. My two have been praying for snow all season!

Since the forecasters were predicting the snow would be switching over to rain, I got my two dressed and downstairs to eat breakfast so that we can go play in the snow before it starts melting. They were in heaven!

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

My kids love snow days.....:)