CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away......

I know we need it and all, but if having cold weather wasn't depressing enough, we have to have non-stop downpours to make life more dreary. It hasn't let up since last night.

Yesterday afternoon, at about 2:30pm, we looked out the window and saw this:

Christopher was bouncing off walls, thinking that he would be able to play in the white stuff today. I warned him it wasn't meant to stick around. CCD was cancelled, much to Leilani's delight. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go out in it, so I called the dance studio to see if dance was still on. It was. So I drove down to the studio in the inclement weather. The rodes were NASTY! Fortunately we arrived in one piece, I sat down and chatted with another mom who decided to stay put rather than venture out in the snow/sleet conditions while Chris played with his Nintendo DS (what a godsend that is!).

For Mike, what is normally a 90 minute ride home turned into close to 3 hours! He originally planned to pick up some chinese food, but I told him I would pick up pizza from the restaurant next door to the studio.

Today I did my usual volunteering. I had a quick appointment with the principal in regards to hosting a baby shower for Leilani's teacher. She thought it was a wonderful idea and we squared away a date I could host it. We didn't have very much to choose from since the NJ-ASK tests are the week before Easter break, and the teacher leaves the day before Easter break. But I am happy to have secured a date....let the planning begin!

Speaking of baby showers, I am also in the throughs of planning my best friend's baby shower. I am currently working on picking out the shower invites. I divvied up the other tasks among her mom, mother-in-law, and sister. I actually can't wait till the big day!

I would've gone to pick out the decorations if it were not for our monsoon. Rain, Rain, Go Away! Come Again another day....

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

90 minute commute eh? That was one of the reasons we moved from Jersey...and planning 2 baby showers??? Sounds like fun!!

Unknown said...

90 minute commute...yuckola!
I hate sleet, would so much rather have the snow. Hopefully it will warm up soon and the white stuff will disappear, it will be a while before it leaves my sight.
(and I agree...DS is one of the greatest inventions ever!!)