CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Recuperating

Poor little guy!

Monday morning, Christopher bounced out of bed ready to go back to school. His buddy, Joey, was back from his trip to Peru and he was excited to get to see him again. He had a great day. Chris had a great day too. He ate all his meals without fussing and went to bed happy as a clam.

Should have known that was the calm before the storm!

At 2am Chris woke up and walked over to our room. "Mommy....." was all he managed to say before he started throwing up. Bleary eyed and all we rushed him into the bathroom. I went to his room to get him a new set of underwear and pj's and realized he had gotten sick in his bed too.

Could it possibly have been something he ate? It didn't take long to know it wasn't. Poor thing was sick every 30 minutes for the next several hours. He registered a low grade fever. At 9am I called and made an appointment. Got one for 10am.

Turns out there is a nasty stomach virus running around. And poor Chris got it. Doc gave me a anti-vomiting suppository to give him immediately. I left with instructions if the vomiting didn't stop by 1pm, we would have to admit Chris to the hospital to prevent dehydration.

Mike came home early from work since he knew Tuesdays Leilani has CCD and dance. Not to mention if I had to go to the hospital with Chris at 1pm, no one would be home for her to get off the bus at 3pm. We didn't want to take any chances. Mike hurried home.

Thankfully, the meds worked. Chris fell right to sleep and stayed asleep until 8pm. We gave him lots of Gatorade and some pureed bananas (only way he would eat bananas). We gave him a second dose of the meds just to make sure he would get a good night sleep.

Today I am happy to report he is much better. Doc said he can return to school on Friday. Not sure if I will send him in. I may keep him, for good measure and let him start fresh on Monday.

Just the thought if him having to be admitted was enough to send shivers down my spine. So glad he is on the road to recovery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kiddo! I hope no one else in you family gets bit by that bug. So far we've missed it here in MD.

Melissa S said...

Oye Ve! Glad Chris is on the mend.....that was probably a very long night hugh???