
Wow, what a day!
I woke up at 7am and after a trip to the bathroom, couldn't fall back to sleep. Don't you just hate that? So I decided since I was already up I should go downstairs and work on my Biology Lab report.
Of course after some interesting (YAWN!) reading, I started getting hungry. I made a batch of some multigrain organic pancakes that I picked up in the whole foods area of Stop and Shop. We had previously tasted them over the summer in one of our sleepover visits to Med's house in CT. I remembered how incredibly yummy they were and I decided, hmmm wouldn't that be delicious for breakfast.
I think the smell of the pancakes roused the little dreamers upstairs and before long they were downstairs having breakfast while I worked on my schoolwork. I decided to relax after I was done because I was in for a full day!
I had made plans with my friend Pam and her girls to go see Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert in Disney 3D. Since Leilani's dance class doesn't finish till 2:30, we decided we would attend the 5:15pm showing. Lucky thing I trusted and my instinct and purchased the tickets on Fandango. All the shows at this theater were sold out! Not entirely surprising to me since the initial limited engagement of 1 week was sold out for over a month! Disney knows how to market a good thing and at $15 a pop, they were surely racking in the dough too!
We arrived an hour prior to it beginning and stood on line. The girls luckily entertained themselves pretending to play the video games. Before long we were allowed into the theater and the girls picked the last row center, which was exactly 5 seats. Couldn't get better than that.
The movie was an hour and 14 minutes long and the girls enjoyed every minute of it. Pam and I thought it was cute. I have to commend Disney for doing this. The concert tickets were astronomically priced and sold out in a nano second. This idea gives the kids the feel of actually being at a concert without the expense and closer to home.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
How neat! I'm sure Lei loved being at a "concert." Good thinking on getting tickets early. Good luck with your report!
I didn't even attempt to get tickets but lucked out that one of Abi's friends invited her to go on this past saturday...she said she had a ton of fun...:)
Post a Comment