CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Busy Week!

Things have been pretty busy in the "A" household this past week.....

A little update on Scrapbowl. I managed to finish 3 two page layouts. The first one I am really proud of (will post pic tomorrow). Unfortunately I didn't get to do any more because I was determined to do Leilani's birthday layout using a kit I had put together just to find out I do not have the layout idea attached with it. GRRRR!!!! I sent an email to the manufacturer in the hopes that they can send me a copy of it.

Monday Mike and mostly every other person that lives in the tristate area were on cloud 9 by the Superbowl upset....The NY GIANTS won the superbowl. That is all I heard all day! There were quite a few kids out at school too, sure from lack of sleep if thier parents let them watch the game till the end.

Tuesday was the day when Democrats and Republicans alike will wait with bated breath to see who will be the front runner to represent thier party. I went out and voted bright and early....hopefully everyone else did as well. And like always I was running around like a chicken without a head to CCD and dance. Just when I thought I would sit and watch American Idol, I got a call from my friend Sandra. She was really upset and called to inform me and to see if I can do her the favor and call all the girl scout moms up and let them know about the emergency meeting with the board of ed the following day. Seems her school is on the chopping block in order to close a deficit. Although our school is not on the list of schools closing, this is still bad news for our school. The children from that school would be relocated to ours. Needless to say, I spent the hour making phone calls.

Wednesday was spent volunteering in the morning, counting cookie orders in the early afternoon, picking up Leilani and going to Ash Wednesday mass after school, and then attending the Board of Ed meeting. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the whole meeting since it was conveniently scheduled at a time when Market Day was being delivered. We left much to the kids relief at 7pm. We arrived home, had dinner washed up and got ready for bed....after American Idol of course!

The majority of today was spent studying. I have my first lab report due on Saturday. Since I already have that day filled with activities this means I have to get the report done tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great getting some layouts done! oh! and I was so excited that the giants won the SB too!! yay! what a great game!

Melissa S said...

Yeah for the Giants! MY dad was on cloud 9...and the game was priceless:) Gosh you do do a lot running around hugh??? And that is a major bummer about the school closing...what town was that???