CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

American Idol Season 7 Is On The Way!

I am so excited...the competitions have begun on American Idol. Some people are really upset about the fact that some of this season's idol wannabes have had prior recording experience. I might have to agree with them. The premise of the show originally was to take an unknown and make them a superstar. I think it is a little unfair to have people who have already gotten thier "big break" but failed to take the spots of some individuals who honestly have no way of getting that opportunity. I think it is American Idol's attempt to make up for last season's lackluster year.

Anywho....last night Leilani, Mike and I watched the boys perform. We are totally smitten by seventeen year old, David Archuleta. Seems my mom is too! She called me after his performance and gushed at how adorable he is and she can't believe such a great voice came out of such a young man. Not to mention that he overcame vocal paralyses. Of course he got our vote! My other favorites: Jason Castro, Michael Johns, & David Hernandez. My vote on who's going home: Garrett Haley and Luke Menard.

Tonight we will be glued to our sets watching the girls battle it out. For some reason I think this year the American Idol will be a male. Let's see how it plays out!

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

I know what you mean...I love this show too! I was a little annoyed with the Men selection...I thought they let 2 go that should have stuck around. I have the girls on DVR...have to watch them tonight...and then the results!! I like that Michael Johns too...and David Archuleta.