CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I was complaining about the rain and bitter cold, today it is a balmy 55 degrees and bright and sunny! I love it! There is something about the sun that makes me all bright and cheery!

I've been quite the busy little cupid today....

After dropping Christopher off at preschool, I walked over to Leilani's school with the cupcakes we baked for her class. The kids were really excited and all thanked me before I left the room. Leilani said they loved them!

Afterwards I came home to tidy up and set out my treats to my lovebugs. Leilani and Chris each got a Webkinz (Lei the lovefrog, Chris the turtle, because "pink is for girls" as he ever so cutely said to me when he saw the lovefrog), a coloring book, and a mailbox I personalized with thier name with a few little candy treats inside. Mike place at the table has his heart filled with chocolate covered cherries and his SI Giants Commerative Edition magazine.

I was drawing a blank on ideas for Mike's Valentine's card. I eventually managed to put this really simple one together.

I love making him something homemade for Valentine's Day. And he treasures them more than any card I would've bought at Hallmark. We enjoy giving each other little trinket items to celebrate the day, but to us, everyday is day filled with love.

2 comments:

Mom2Niko said...

Happy Love Day! Hope you had a great day!! LOVE the simplicity of Mike's card. Sometimes a little says a whole lot!

Melissa S said...

Carmen! Love Mikes card...I couldn't agree more...Bobby loves the homemade ones so much more...

And....I am overwhelmed at your RAK! I was thrilled to open up your package....I never saw the flowers at my Target! And you are the sweetest for including a Lipstick Jungle pack in there as well! Thank you sooo very much!