Brrrr....it sure is cold out!
This morning I woke up, went downstairs and put a kettle of water to boil, and opened the vertical blinds to be greated to a dusting of snow on our front lawn. Nothing to write home about as far as accumilations but it was a prediction of what the weather would be like once we went outdoors.
Mike and I decided that we would take Leilani and Chris to the movie theater to see The Bee Movie. So after breakfast, we washed up and got dressed and ready to go. Boy, was it nippy out! I don't know what it is, but it seems as the years go by, the more I don't like the cold weather. Which shocks me, since I love the northeast.
We thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was really entertaining. And educational! Leilani and Chris both "got it". As we were leaving the theater they both said bees are really important insects. We couldn't agree more.
Afterwards we did our food shopping and stopped at Costco. We made each stop really quick since .....it was COLD!!!! I have spent the rest of the afternoon playing The Sims 2 on the laptop. Is this game addicting our what. The family I created has 6 children. 3 girls and 3 boys. The mother aspires to have 10 children! I am dizzy with the 6 she already has!
After dinner the kids and I will be baking holiday shaped sugar cookies. I am getting alot of help from Pilsbury. I have to thank whoever created the sheets of cookie dough. Oh so easy! The kids get to cut out the shapes and all I have to do is pop them in the oven! Of course, I will be doing my real Christmas baking later in the month. But for now this satisfies thier baking cravings!
Have a Happy Sunday Evening!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
hey! thanks for your comment! i really do appreciate it. :) i noticed that since we've been playing "school" that she's talking a little better, but i think i need a professionals help to get her where she needs to be. i mean, my 2 year old (just turned 2 in sept) talks REALLY well for his age and gets sentences faster than she does. lol.
what a coincidence! i just bought sugar cookie sheets today too! have a great day and stay warm!!
xoxo
jess
Oh yeah it is that time of year again...same with me...I used to love the cold and despise the heat...now I am opposite....
Still waiting for your DCL photos!!!
Post a Comment