CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 31, 2007

A Time to Reflect

Looking back at 2007, I can truly say it was a good year. We were blessed and I thank God.

* Leilani and Christopher have been growing and thriving just as we want them to. Mike and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and made our wish come true....we celebrated on a Disney land and sea vacation! I have been doing well in school. We have all been making sure that we are spending quality time together. Happy memories don't have to cost a thing as long as you Live, Laugh, & Love together.

My close family went through some major positive changes this year.

* Raul (my brother) continued cultivating a beautiful relationship with Christine. She is a beautiful person. She adores my brother and she shows the whole world. She gets along well with all of us too, which makes her even more special. The two of them are truly perfect together.

* Mom made a huge step in her life. She decided to leave a job that stressed her out tremedously and take some much needed time off. Mom was suffering from stomach issues, migraines, and high blood pressure...which I believe alot of it stemmed from work (a little had to do with little sis too). She made the giant leap and quit her job, sold all her belongings, and left Florida in May. She spent almost 3 months with us and family and friends in the Tri-State area, and then flew to Puerto Rico where she is basking in the sun with my Godmother, Raquel. It was just what she needed. No complaints of ailments and she truly sounds happy and relaxed.

* I am extremely proud of the changes my sister, Melissa made in her life. She depended alot on Mom. It was to the point where Mom was a crutch. And Mom wasn't realizing that she was enabling Melissa to act the way she did. Melissa is a mommy to my 7 year old nephew, Malik. I always prayed that stability for the both of them would enter thier life. My prayers were answered! Having Mom tell her she was leaving Florida was a major wake up call for Melissa. This meant that for the first time in her life, she had to depend 100% on herself. The metamorphosis had to happen quickly too, for she has a son depending on her. And that she did. She started working for a psychologist office and excelled so well that she was promoted to office manager. She moved into a beautifully renovated apartment. And most importantly she started to realize that she was harboring alot of negative feelings that didn't make her too appealing and made a change. She has been evolving to a positive young woman, and I am so proud of her.

* My sister, Tina, made a huge life change in her life. She became a mommy! Tianna Isabella was born in late May. And the little cutie was life altering to little sis. She proved to herself that she is an amazing mommy. I adore seeing her eyes light up whenever she is holding her daughter or talking about her. All fears of her capabilities are long forgotten. Her beautiful, healthy, happy daughter are proof that she is doing a fantastic job.

* After having separated 6 years ago, my inlaws have discussed thier issues and have decided to give thier marriage another chance. This delights me immensely. They have been through alot. And watching them together now, I can truly say that they are talking more, and laughing more....hopefully this will lead to them loving each other more than ever.

Life is precious. And I hope everyone can reflect on thier year gone by with a smile and very little heartache.

Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

Your resolutions sound wonderful..and it is so nice to read about positive families..sounds like things are going great for you!!!!!!!!!!