CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 07, 2007

Because Children Want to Shop Too

Usually during the holiday season I go into stores and look for little inexpensive gifts for Hubby, Lei, Chris, and the grandparents that I wrap and place under the tree from the kids. Leilani and Chris usually have no idea what the items are because I wrap them while they are in school, so when Grandpa Mario or Daddy thank them for the gifts, they usually are oblivious to it and just say your welcome out of repect.

Not this year....

A week ago I recieved an email from one of the Service Unit Members of the Girl Scouts inviting the troop leaders to bring thier girls to a Holiday Shopping Extravaganza at a local school. I thought, "Wow what a wonderful idea!" I planned to go with a couple of my girl scout parents and thier girls....a group of 6 girls. Unfortunately, at the last minute the girls couldn't make it. One was ill, and the others didn't want to rush from there to a Holiday Magic Show at our school. So it was just me and my twosome.

Leilani had saved her allowance and I gave Chris $10 to shop with. The look on thier face when they arrived at the school library was adorable. They insisted that I wait by the door so I wouldn't see what they were getting. Donned with a matching plastic shopping baskets, they set out to shop. Unbeknowst to me, Leilani had written a list of the special someones she wanted to shop for. Everyday I see more and more of me in that girl, I tell you!

After 45 minutes they were done. They went to the register and paid for thier gifts. Chris went over by $2, so I gave him the difference. We went over to the bake sale for some fresh baked treats, and then made our way home. Leilani and Chris set out to wrap thier gifts and they proudly placed them under the tree.

I know come Christmas morning, the both of them will be anxiously anticipating thier loved ones opening thier gifts because this year, mommy did not pick out the presents. This year, the presents were lovingly picked by them! I am planning on giving the PTA the idea for next year. Children love to shop too!

0 comments: