CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Hit by a Ton of Bricks

That is exactly how I have been feeling like since Friday.

Friday started off just fine, I did all my running around, volunteering at the school, keeping busy as usual. 3:30pm came and I started feeling run down, as though I had run in the New York City marathon (I've never actually run in it, but you know what I mean). Since Leilani and Christopher were really looking forward to going to the Kids Shopping Event at a nearby school, I didn't want to let them down, so I braved it and went anyway.

Not a good idea. While the two shopped, I propped myself up against a nearby wall and started feeling worse with each passing minute. Lucky thing my two are no nonsense shoppers. Leilani, definitely no doubt her mother's child, went armed with a list and pen in hand. As she made her selections, she placed the items in her basket and then crossed off the relative from her list. She assisted her brother along the way too. They were done within 25 minutes. Which as short as it was, felt like an eternity to me. They made thier purchases and begged me to stop at the bake sale. Leilani bought a cupcake, and Christopher purchased a brownie and we dashed out of the school in a hurry.

They wanted to wrap gifts as soon as they arrived home and all I wanted to do was go under the nearest blanket. But how can I tell them no? It was thier very first time shopping with thier own money, so I scrummaged for just an ounce of energy and took out the wrapping papers, scissors and tape and let them have a go for it. Before you knew it I was on the couch feeling worse. Now I was getting the chills, and felt a temperature brewing. My throat felt like it was on fire. I was afraid to guess what I had.

Of course, folks, I had come down with the flu. Don't know where I got it from. But the rest of my weekend with the exception of Sunday, where I had to take 14 little girls who couldn't wait to make ornaments to thier workshop, was spent on my living room coach with 3 throws wrapped tightly around me.

I went to the doctor this morning and he confirmed my suspicions. He gave me a script for Tamiflu, and ordered me to get plenty of rest. I looked at him and said "Are you kidding me? I am a mother of 2!" He laughed and said "OK try." There is no rest for the weary. One work hazard when you are a mom is There Are No Sick Days Allowed.

Hopefully the meds helps me get back on my feet again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:::spraying your post with cyber-Lysol:::

I hope you feel better soon!!