The decision to go back to school after 10+ years of graduating is a difficult decision for anyone. Going back with 2 children in elementary school, involved in extra curricular activities, and leading a girl scout troop makes the choice a more difficult one. But I decided to just jump right in and not give it a second thought. I am happy with my decision.
Looking back at my years as an undergrad, I remember not being all that interested in the courses I was taking. Of course, I knew what I wanted as a major at the time. But all the other courses, were just classes I needed to take to graduate. In some I faired very well, in others I made sure I passed. But ask me if I remember anything about the classes I took and I can tell you one thing.....if it had nothing to do with my major (Communications) or my minor (psychology), I haven't the faintest clue!
Once I became a mother, I knew that there was no way I can go back to a job that kept me away from my children for so many hours in the day. It broke my heart to do so when Leilani was an infant, but at that time our goal was to buy a house for her to run around in. We accomplished that, although I do miss not spending all those hours a week with her. Thankfully, with cutting corners and doing without the luxuries we were accustomed to, I was able to stay home with Leilani once we moved to the Jersey Shore. Christopher was fortunate to have me home his whole infancy, toddlerhood, and now the preschool years. But having been spoiled with being by my children's side has made me re-evaluate my eventual return to the work force. That is why I decided education was the career of choice for me.
Of course Education is a world away from Communications, thus, the reason I needed to hit the books again. I admit I was nervous about returning to school. Would I have what it takes in order to obtain good grades? I mean, I graduated with my bachelors degree a whole 11 years prior to my return to academia.
Fortunately, I have an amazing fan club who believe in me. My family...Mike, the children, Mom, my sisters and brother....all have been incredibly supportive and have cheered me on in my quest for my Masters. I don't think they know how much that means to me. Their confidence in me is what drives me to succeed and give it my all.
So each time I have logged on to look up my final grades online in the past 4 semesters and am greeted with an "A", I not only pat myself on the back for a job well done, I thank them for motivating me to do my very best.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
YEah!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just awesome!!
Post a Comment