So the weekend is close to over. It has been been extremely HOT here! The temps reached 98 degrees yesterday! Chris had his last t-ball game. I thought for sure they would call the game. The boys were dripping in sweat as they played in the blazing sun. I took my foldable chair from the back of the van and set myself up under a shady tree. Summer and I....just don't mix.
Afterwards, Leilani had a double session of dance. Since the hip hop class was cancelled several times throughout the year for competitions, they are trying to play catch up now. They allowed us to come in and take a look at the routine. Leilani did great, as did some of the other girls. It didn't look as polished as it could be. But hey, these girls are working on 5-7 classes less than say Leilani's Tuesday class.
We ean home afterwards to get Leilani in her swimsuit and grab her towel for the Girl Scouts End of Year party at the local fitness center. Mike had to volunteer 4 hours at the baseball concession stand and luckily was able to meet me at the center to pick up Chris. Lord knows I did not want a repeat of his behavior in front of the same audience! The girls had an amazing time and ate a Wendy's dinner together before being picked up by thier parents. Just one more event to go!
Since it was going to be another blazing day, Mike and I ate breakfast early this and set out to the backyard to put together the swimming pool. Lucky for us, we stored it well and there were no mishaps in taking it out of its hibernation. We set it up within 2 hours and as I type this the pool is filling up with water. It should be ready for the kiddies to enjoy by tomorrow afternoon, Tuesday at the latest.
I am so hoping the weather forecasters are wrong about the temps for the next two days. I really do not want the final day of school to be delayed any longer. But since the schools do not have air conditioning it wouldn't be surprising if they put a mandatory early dismissal in effect. The kids would be happy initially...but once they hear they have to make up those days they will be totally bummed out!
UPDATED: As of 7pm, the pool is filled, chlorine thrown in, and it is 85% ready to go!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
I hope the kids are enjoying the pool!!!
Post a Comment