CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 05, 2008


Today was a bittersweet day for me. Christopher graduated preschool. Although this is a fun event, it also reminds me that this is the last time I will be experiencing a preschool graduation for my child. No longer will Chris be known as a preschooler. Since Chris is the baby, the last one, I will never go through this again.

All the children looked absolutely adorable. Chris looked so handsome with his slacks and blue polo shirt. He decided to stand next to Lexi. Lexi and Chris were together in preschool last year as well. She is absolutely adorable and went through a phase where she would greet him by saying "Hi cutie Christopher". It was the cutest thing. Chris would tell us he was going to marry Lexi one day. They will be in the same school next year....lets see if they will be in the same class.


After the graduation ceremony, they had a refreshment reception. I took pictures of him with his classmates and his teachers. Afterwards we decided to have a special treat for lunch, just my little guy and I. I let Chris decide where he wanted to go. At first he said McDonalds. I gave him "the look" and told him "on your special day you can pick anywhere to eat and you choose McD's???" He quickly changed his mind and said IHOP. Oh well....it is better that McD's, that's for sure.

It was alot of fun being able to sit at IHOP and enjoy the lunch just the two of us. No bickering and competing with his sister. Just us. I have one more year of him being in school half a day before the New Jersey Board of Education system whisks him away for 6 quality hours of the day.

My little Chris....next year he will make his first big step towards grade school!

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Oh...sooo sad indeed! I cried at muffins for moms this year...and next year I am sure to cry at Ava's graduation. She is growing up too fast...Chris does look soo adorable@!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, he looks so handsome, and you look beautiful!!!

I think I cried more at Makenna's pre-K graduation then I did at her Kindergarten graduation. It was to me the final chapter of her 'baby book'. :(