CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

3 More Days!

Why is it that the last few weeks of school seem to be the busiest? You'd think the end of the school year would be a winding down of sorts.

This past week has been exhausting! I have been running nonstop from one activity to the next. I haven't had a moment to rest. My heart has felt it too. Last had some "flutters" which I have blamed on the constant whirl of activity. Nothing I can do about that till next Thursday.... so if anyone needs to reach me, call after 10am!

Both Leilani and Christopher had field day this week. Christopher's was on Thursday, Leilani's on Friday. Both of them had an amazing time. Thursday found me picking up Christopher from school, taking him to Wendy's for lunch, and then dropping him off at Kati's house before running off to Leilani's school for thier end of year Ice Cream Sundae party.

I should say they had Sundae Soup party....
Shortly after all of the sundaes were given out, the fire alarm goes off. The teacher looked at me and groaned. "Just her luck", she said. One thing for sure, this is school is highly orgnanized and quick when it comes to fire drills. This wasn't even scheduled! Seems that the alarm was causing issues since the night before, and since there were children present at the school, they had to evacuate the school and wait till a fireman from the local fire department came to reset it. So think, newly doled out ice cream sundaes with all the trimmings, sitting in a 80 degree room, for 20 minutes.....yes, it was a sundae milkshake. Luckily we had leftover ice cream to give the kiddies once they slurped up thier first melted ones.

After a fitful sleep last night, no doubt caused by the flutters, I am taking it easy for at least the morning. Leilani has her last dance class today, and we have our last Girl Scout troop event for the school year this evening. Afterwards, the leaders and thier daughters will be going out to dinner. We had a wonderful year, and we like to celebrate with treating our girls to a special night out, just them...where they are the center of attention and they don't have to go last. They look forward to this every year!

I am sure I will come home and fall fast asleep!

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

Oooo I feel your stress! I was there last week! It will be over all soon..hang in there!