Hope all the well-deserving daddies out there are having a wonderful Father's Day.
It is a shame that Father's Day is not as big as Mother's Day. Try taking out Mom to any restaurant on Mother's Day and you stand an impossible chance of being seated within an hour. Not so with Father's Day. They have a slew of hostesses waiting by the door to seat you on an otherwise slow Sunday. Not many are worthy of the special treatment.
I am so thankful that although I didn't have Father of the Year growing up, Leilani and Chris sure do. I couldn't have asked for a better daddy for my two. He is etremely attentive and is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and get dirty with them. Way to go, Mike!
We started our morning by making Daddy a batch of multi-grain organic pancakes. I added a dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract and they were devoured in seconds! They each gave him the goodies they made for him at school, along with the gifts I had picked up (this lawn gadget he wanted from an informercial and a Mets Polo shirt). Mike spent the majority of the morning playing video games with Leilani and Christopher. Before they knew it, it was lunchtime. We took a ride over to FINS, a tropicali restaurant.
Afterwards we worked off the food with a round of bowling at our local lanes. It really was an enjoyable day.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
So happy you had a great father's day! Sorry I have been so M.I.A. lately, been really really busy. But I'm back. & I'm glad to see all is well!
xoxo.
:)
Nice blog background! I would love to be there....
Glad your fathers day was fun! It is so true though...many fathers aren't celebrated as much as mom's....too bad.. I made sure we did a special fathers day....:)
Post a Comment