That's all folks! Today marked the last day we had to wake up at 7am to get ready for school. That is, until September. I'll take the break!
Christopher's assistant teacher, Miss Linda, almost made me cry this morning. She was so emotional seeing the children this morning for the last time. She is one of those assistants who truly whole-heartedly adores and loves children. She is extremely energetic and always puts a smile on your face. Some may call her a sugar overdose, but I call her full of life. She is the type of person who always sees the best in everyone. I adore her. She was Leilani's preschool assistant teacher and I was thrilled when Chris ended up with her, not just for his first year of preschool, but for the second as well. So today was a sad day for all, especially Chris. He loves her! He came home and has been a bit sad since. His eyes tear up and he says "Mom, I am going to miss Miss Linda." My heart broke for him! I am going to miss her too!
Leilani, on the other hand, always returns from school on the last day in tears. This year was no different. "Mom, Mrs. H was the best substitute teacher I ever had." Seeing the tears is bittersweet. Although I hate to see my little girl so sad, it is heartwarming to know that she connects so well with her teachers. She loves school. I know there are many of her classmates are not in the same boat.
This afternoon the kids were invited to a last day of school party at Ms. Kathy's house. They had a blast playing water balloon fight with all the children. We couldn't stay long because we had day one of dress rehearsal for Leilani. Seeing the costumes up on stage....they look amazing! I can't wait till Sunday!
School is out! Woohoo! Tomorrow I can sleep in! Hopefully I can sleep in till 9am. Wish me luck!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
As a teacher, I too get emotional at the end of the year. Don't get me wrong, it's always welcome, but yet you get so connected with those kids (and I teacher HIGH SCHOOL) that it's hard to see them leave your room for the last time. But that means I love my job and I wouldn't have it any other way.
P.S. Our Disney cruise is getting closer!!!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your sleep...and I think a lot of teachers get emotional..esp if they really invested in the kids.
Glad that Chris's teacher was that invested...:)
Post a Comment