CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 01, 2006

Got In Before the Buzzer....

This morning I was awaken at the unnerving hour of 6am. Not by choice of course. Leilani was going in to Daddy's job with him today and she knew Daddy would not be able to style her hair properly so she made sure that I had her tresses tamed just so.

Of course I couldn't fall back to sleep even though I desperately wanted to! So I watched the news, web-surfed for a bit, had some hard boiled egg whites and a slice of toast and OJ and read my latest Creating Keepsakes magazine all the while awaiting for my Energizer Bunny to awaken from his slumber. Finally he did just that at 9:30am. I had the whole day planned out for us.

10:30am- Took Christopher to get his haircut. He fidgeted which is so unlike him...maybe he doesnt like this hairdresser or something. I had to find his coveted Chocolate Lollipop for him to sit still. In the end he got his spiffy new haircut right in time for school!

11:15am- Went to the college to pick up my textbooks for class. The cost of one Geography book? $175!!!! OUCH!!!! Boy, did I forget how much college books cost! Of course such an unpleasant experience is forgotten after what....11 years from obtaining my Bachelor's Degree! But hey, it had to be done.

12pm- Lunchtime! And since I let Christopher decide where to eat at, he opted for lunch at the McD's with the playground in it. I thought Chris would have a meltdown when he discovered that the Happy Meals were not coming with the Hummers anymore. The cashier showed him a variety of the toys she did have and he wasn't budging. He batted his long eyelashes and asked if he can have the ones in he showcase. She said "I'm so sorry". So I just grabbed one of the ones she had before him and told her dont worry about it. We were sitting at the table eating and a employee came over and started a conversation with Chris and asked if he was the cute little boy requesting the Hummers from the case. He pouted and said "Yes". She then gave me a bag and said "If you are a good boy, Mommy will give you this surprise!" His eyes lit up and he said Thank you and I thanked her too! She was so sweet to take not one but two of the hummers that were in the case and give it to him! He was so excited!

Well, after we finished our lunch Christopher was playing around in the playground and since I had brought in my newly purchased textbooks inside with us I decied to flip through it and see what I was in store for. As I thumb through the geography book I quickly realize...UGH OH! This is NOT the geography course I intended to take! It is World Geography, but not the type I am looking for. I was intending to take geography in the aspect of countries,thier locations, populations, etc..what some call HUMAN Geography. This class was PHYSICAL Geography! What the effects of climate and pollution etc have on the Earth. So of course I panic! I rummage through my purse for the registrar papers...I have to drop this class! Would I be penalized? I go to the fine print and guess what! In order to get 100% reimbursement on the tuition for this class and the book, I have to drop it TODAY!!! So I gave Christopher 5 more minutes, put his shoes on and drove like a mad woman BACK to the college and managed to withdraw from the class and return the book with 30 minutes to spare! 100% reimbursed....

Right before the buzzer......

0 comments: