After an extremely wet week, (It rained all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), we were able to see the sun peek out on Saturday morning. Thank God, the weekend was saved! We were suppose to go to a Seafood Festival with our friend Jeffrey (& Leilani's Godfather) and his son Matthew, but the Chambers of Commerce, in hearing that there was a threat of some scattered rain showers, decided to postpone it to its raindate. So ended up meeting up with Matt and Jeff at the mall and spending some time together there. The sun was out and shining in all its glory that day, but better to be safe than sorry!
After attending the 10:30am mass this morning, we took the drive over to the festival. Can you say PACKED! The streets were bursting with people and the aroma of all the seafood all the restaurants had to purchase. My friend Denise made sure to tell us not to miss the Sweet Potato Seafood Cakes that one vendor had to offer. It was the best bit of advice! It was served with a chipote sauce.....DELICIOUS! Mike, Leilani and I had it as an appetizer (Chris was not feeling adventurous). We then made our rounds looking at the wares local crafters had to offer. Everything was ridiculously overpriced. When we didn't find a bargain we went back to the food. Chris and Leilani had chicken fingers (I know I know, seafood festival and they are having CHICKEN???), Mike had fried clams, and I had crab stuffed shrimps with french fries. To finish it off we all shared a funnel cake for dessert.
After we ate and enjoyed the music, we started heading back towards the boardwalk. We made a little detour to a local petstore. There I was enamoured with the cutest little "designer pooch" I had ever seen! A Puggle. He was so adorable! He probably would've been the one to break my desire to ONLY get a hypoallergenic dog. But it looks like we are leaning towards another dog in the hybrid family....a Yorkiepoo.
After enjoying ourselves at the amusement park on the boardwalk, we headed home. We relaxed and I read the chapters I needed to read for my literature class and decided to websurf. I got the best news from my friend. I am really happy for her and can't wait for the exciting things to come! Great way to end the day!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
6 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment