CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bittersweet.....


Today Christopher had his preschool orientation. He was bubbling with excitement all morning and couldn't wait to get dressed and ready to go. Leilani had a playdate with Andie and Katie, so I got her dressed and ready to go. Christopher was chasing me with his shoes, "Hey wait for me I want to go meet Ms. Nancey!" Not so fast mister! I still have a couple of more hours of you being 100% mine.

When it was time for us to go he ran back inside to get his bookbag. Mike and I both laughed and told him the bookbag is for tomorrow. He has just been dying to wear his backpack! All in due time. It is so hard to believe that my baby is going to school! I am so excited for him, and at the same time a little sad. From now on I will not be his only teacher. From now on he will be seeing the world through the eyes of another adult. Which is fascinating and bittersweet too. I really hope I don't cry after I drop him off tomorrow. I better bring my Kleenex just in case! LOL

$25 later......When I went to drop Leilani off at her friends house the girls came running over to say hello. I asked them if they were ready for school and they said yes (and no,lol). They excitedly rushed over and brought thier bookbags over and proceeded to show me thier newly purchased school supplies. They took out thier flashcards and I was shocked. "What are those?" I asked thier mom. "Oh those are the flashcards. They were so hard to find from 1-18." Now I was a bit shocked. "Oh so the ones I got at Walmart are not the ones they need?" Nope, she responded, they have to be up to 18. Of course I had a blond moment when I had purchased school supploes and thought it meant 9+9=18....in going to 18. So I asked how much they cost. $25 for 4 packs!!! Where did you get them? She said when she searched no one around here had them so she bought them online. Ugh Oh!!! Now I am panicking! Thankfully another mom had purchased her daughters cards recently and told her she got them at a teacher store in town. Of course that is where I drove directly to after dropping her off! Got the flashcards. All is well and ready to go in Leilani's backpack. Phew!!! I know I wouldn't have heard the end of it had I sent her to school with the 1-9 flashcards I had purchased and had ready to go in her backpack.....LOL

Now I am off to spend my last 3 precious hours before bedtime enjoying the last 3 hours of actual lazy days of summer before the start of the new school year!

0 comments: