What a picture perfect weekend! It felt amazing to feel the warm sun on my face and the gentle breeze....gotta love September weather! What makes it truly better? Spending the time honing my craft and sharing a delightful time with friends!
Yesterday I woke up bright and early at 5:45am. I quickly showered and got dressed by 6:30am. I was so excited to get the day started..... I eagerly anticipated Trish's arrival....she was picking up so we can head to the Scrapbook Expo in Long Island! This is the first time another expo other than the Memories Expo was coming to the Tri State area. Jenn and I tossed it around whether to go or not and decided...Hey why not! Lets go for the day! And since Trish unfortunately had to miss the Memories Expo in June, I told her all about it and she was excited that she and her daughter Erica would be able to attend this one.
Traffic was delightfully light at this hour of the morning. We only encountered traffic at the Goethals Bridge only because when we arrived to that point it was prior to 7am. The bridge doesn't open till 7am due to overnight road work. So we chatted away while we waited the 15 minutes. It was smooth sailing all the way to Hofstra University.
When we arrived we were surprised at how quickly we were able to register. I gave Jenn a quick buzz to let her know that we were there. She was already waiting downstairs. Trish, Erica, and I made our way downstairs and met up with Jenn. We gave each other a big hug since it is always a happy moment to see each other! And then we went to work! LOL The expo was surprisingly small. Rumor had it that some vendors were more interested in big numbers and didn't want to come because the Expo didn't sell very many advanced tickets. What a bummer! I was thinking, don't they know that it is via word of mouth that people attend these things? Oh well! We had a great time anyway! One of our make and takes was a very cute card by this company called Mr. Ellie Pooh. The paper is eco friendly paper made from...what else! Elephant Poo! LOL We found this hilarious! The paper was very easy to work with. It is acid free and safe to use in our scrapbooks. The vendor was very informative and we really enjoyed the make and take. (And it doesn't stink! The first thing everyone does when they hear what it is made out of is sniff it, us included! LOL)
We had each enrolled in 2 classes. Our first one by deluxe designs, 25 things to do with Chipboard, we were really looking forward to. We really disappointed though. We thought that we would be walking away with 25 ideas of things to do with chipboard. We were sourly disappointed. The 2 page spread was nice, but we did not walk away knowing 25 things to do with chipboard. More like 2. The second class we took was a Basic Grey class that we loved! Jenn and I both decided we would use it for Christmas pictures. Trish and Erica took a Junkits class where they made a lovely little chipboard album!
All in all, we really did enjoy the expo, however small it was. The smallness of it lended out for us not feeling like we had to rush. We are hoping that it grows some for next year. We did hear that although the numbers for Friday were disappointing, thier Saturday numbers were awesome! Our one regret, not taking a pic of the 4 of us! We were so excited and having such a good time that we forgot. A lady at the Technique Tuesday booth managed to get a pic of Jenn and I, but none of the 4 of us. We will have to put that in our list of must do's for the next expo!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment