CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Guess The Whole World Missed the Memo....

Ahhh, it is amazing how certain individuals feel that they are exempt of rules and regulations that the rest of the world have to abide by. Not only that, but they feel that the world must bow down to them and everyone must do as they command. Several months ago I vowed to steer clear of the likes of those individuals, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that we don't have the occasional run ins with them.

Christopher started preschool a mere 2 weeks ago...feels like ages! Of course like a lot of preschoolers, this is thier first experience being away from Mommy. The teacher prepared us all for the fact that there may be some tears involved the first few days. Like I described, even little Christopher didn't make it without tears. One little girl (I will call her Kewpie Doll) started with a blood piercing scream and Chris came undone. I just moved away from the window so he wouldn't see me. The mom of the little girl got really upset. "I am really shocked, I can't believe they wouldn't let me inside to console her" she said. I told her don't worry she will be fine. They know if we stick around it won't make it any better. "Well, she is not used to that. When I drop her off at her aunt's house I stay and console her even if it takes 20 minutes" she added. Well, they are only there for 2 hours, so 20 minutes is alot of time for them to wait to start doing what they have to do. Of course she wasn't having any of what I was telling her. The way she reacted and answered should have been fair enough warning of the type of person she is....

Next day I realized that she had parked in the wrong spot. On the tarmac there are perfectly positioned white lines, outlining where each vehicle is designated to park. At the end of each row is a block of yellow lines indicating that this is not a parking spot. Everyone knows this right? Well, Kewpie doll's mom parked there. Next day, again she parks in this spot. Another Mom and I ask each of other if we think she knows that this isn't a parking spot. Following school day, again she is at the illegal parking spot. One person pointed out that there were some parking spots at the end of the row of which she parked at. "Oh I saw them, but since I am not here long, I don't want to make my daughter walk all the way over there." Well, Well!

Today while all of us moms were waiting for the kids to be walked in she states to us all that she is going to her sons school. "Can you believe that my son is in a classroom with 20 kids?!?! That is ridiculous! My son is not going to be in a class with so many kids. I am going to make sure that they place him in a smaller class immediately."

Breath in, breath out....1, 2, 3, 4.......It took every ounce of me to not look at her and ask her who the hell did she think she was.....But then I remembered, unfortunately there are certain individuals that have a higher than thou mentality.

0 comments: