Like every mom who has a little girl that dances, we go to dance recital beaming with anticipation of seeing the apple of our eye grace the stage and dance with all thier heart. For the past 3 recitals Leilani has performed in I have been really moved seeing her dance. Moved to almost tears....ALMOST.
But that my dear will change for the next recital. Dance classes began 2 weeks ago and being that Leilani is rightfully in a class with children with experience, they have already dived into the song that they will be working on for the June Recital. The tap routine is to the Chicago Musical song "All That Jazz". Of course a fun upbeat song which will be darling to watch. But the ballet one will really test my ability to keep my composure. The first time I heard this song I was on my way to work and was so touched with the words of the song that it brought me to tears and hence messed up my perfectly applied makeup. I will definitely be sure to wear my waterproof mascara the day of the recital.....for the song.....is "Christmas Shoes".
Each of the moms have groaned when they heard what the song selection was. A beautiful song to dance ballet to, but an emotional one for all us mothers. Even more so for those who have lost someone close to them due to illness. So I will be sure to bring LOTS of KLEENEX!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment