Thankfully the school year started on a Wednesday! It is amazing how getting back into the swing of things takes it's toll on you. I had to adjust Christopher's bedtime schedule. He was a terror waking up on Wednesday, difficult Thursday and much better today. So his bedtime is now 8pm, and Leilani is still 9pm. She never gives me a problem, so hers didn't require any adjusting.
Yesterday was my first day back attending college. And couldn't have been on a worse day. I had a killer Migraine headache....and I also had a girl scout meeting. So of course throughtout the meeting it got progressively worse. Those that suffer migraines know that even the slightest sound is amplified. So it was one of those meetings where I couldn't wait to go home. Unforunately I couldn't crawl under the covers like I would have liked to. Instead, I ate my dinner, and drove over to the sattelite school where my World Literature class was being held. The professor arrived right on time. We filled out cards, were given the syllabus, and we started discussing Homer. I had read The Illiad years ago during the course of my undergraduate studies, but this time we would be reading portions of The Oddyssey. Among other writers....
God must have been looking down at me and took pity, because the professor dismissed class an hour and 40 minutes early. Since we did not have the textbooks yet, and the classroom we were in did not have a VCR, so we couldn't watch the movie he watned to show us, he let us go. My throbbing head was overjoyed. I drove back home and promptly changed into my PJ's and fell right to sleep.
Getting the kids ready for school went wonderful today since Christopher didn't complain. I dropped him off and decided to head over to the college to pick up my textbook. I had 90 minutes to get the book...plenty of time! WRONG! There was a line 2 1/2 hours long in front of the bookstore! You'd think you were getting ready to ride Mission Space at Disney! Of course since I had to be back in time for Christopher to be released from school, I wouldn't be able to purchase my book today. Mike, he is such a great guy, said he would go get it for me tomorrow while I am at the Scrapbook Expo.
Off to nurse this Migraine. I am hoping it will clear up before tomorrow. Scrapbook Expo! I can't wait!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
6 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment