
First Day of School!
7am...the alarm sounds and with it it brings the start of Day 1 of the new school year. I washed up, got dressed and woke up Little Miss Leilani who woke up with bright eyed grin. She has been waiting for this day since the last day of school! She quickly dressed in the berry colored skort outfit she had carefully picked out the day before, had me style her hair, and bounced down the stairs to sit down for some breakfast.
Now Christopher.....was the total opposite of Leilani! He was extremely difficult to get up, and when he finally did, he whined that he was tired and wanted to continue sleeping. Ugh Oh, are these signs of how it will be every school morning?? I hope not! He finally woke up, and I got him dressed. He sat down for breakfast and was in tears! I asked him what was wrong and he said with those big brown eyes looking straight into mine "I don't want to get lost at school!" I gave him a hug and explained to him that he would never get lost at school. Ms. Nancey and Ms. Margie are very responsible and will make sure that nothing happens to him. I also assured him that Mommy will be waiting for him once he is done having lots of fun at school at the end of the day!
After breakfast was done, we went outside to wait for Leilani's school bus. Did I mention how excited Leilani was to go to school? Yes! She was anxiously looking down the road for her bus to turn the corner. As the minutes ticked by she was getting desperate. "Mom, where is my bus?" I had to explain to her that being that today was the first day of school, if the busdriver was new (we were praying that we would get Mr. Bill again!) he/she needs to learn the route. Finally at 9am, the bus turned the corner. Unfortunately it wasn't Mr. Bill driving the bus. This year she got a lady bus driver, Ms. Colleen. She didn't seem to friendly, which I am hoping is due to the fact that this is the first day of school. Andie, Katie, and Kylie, all looked at me as the bus was about to leave and mouthed "No Mr. Bill" and pouted and gave the thumbs down sign. And with that the bus was off to school!
15 minutes later it was time to get ready for Christopher's ride to school. All was well! He was really excited. We arrived and he was anxious to go inside. He met a couple of his classmates; Brian, Matthew, and Winnie. Ms. Margie came to the door to get them and he happily went inside and lined up against the wall. It was when one little girl started screaming hysterically that Christopher remembered that he was nervous about starting school and starting crying. He came to the door and said he wanted to give me a kiss. I kissed him and told him I would be back later to get him that he was going to have fun! Ms. Margie, held him back and I had to walk away. Poor thing! He was so brave too and almost made it through without crying!
Leilani arrived home overjoyed! She really likes her teacher...and she ended up in the same class with 2 of her closest friends along with 6 other children she knows! She couldn't be happier.
I, for one, am glad that the jitters (and PAPERWORK!!!) of day one is over. Tomorrow it will be my turn for 1st Day of school moment! Day one of my road to my Masters!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment