CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's Official....

I am now a grad school student. It is an overwhelming feeling! I always knew that I would want to return to school after I graduated with my Bachelor's back in 1995. Of course I started working, got married, had children, and have been enjoying every waking moment with my family.

Being a compulsive planner, I knew that I had to set out a goal....a 10 year plan. Mike and I are so alike in that aspect. When we got married in 1997 set goals for the first 5 years of our marriage. We would both work and save a percentage of our income for a house. We set out to only rent an apartment for 4 years. We would not fund the landlords pockets for an infinite amount of years, but rather make an investment in a house of our owns. We also knew that we would have our first born child within the first 5 years of our marriage as well. 2 years after we were married we had our sweet little Leilani. 3 years and 11 months after we were wed we closed on our first house. We are extremely goal oriented and always have to have a plan. We have accomplished our first 5 year goals.

So once we did that we set out for our next five year goals. To have a second child. For me to start my Masters Program, to get a brand new car, and to celebrate our 10th anniversary with a trip to mirror our honeymoon. Christopher was born two months after our 5th anniversary....we bought our family car on our 7th anniversary, and now just shy of our 9th anniversary I am starting my plan to obtain my Masters Degree. In education....what else! My personal goal is to always be readily available to my children. And being that I really enjoy working with children, a profession in teaching will allow me to do what I love, along with giving me the opportunity to have a similar schedule to them, and the difinite perk, I will have the same times off as they would.

So now my journey to complete one if Mike and I's goal is in motion. I hope with God's grace, we will continue succeeding in obtaining our dreams....

0 comments: