It is really amazing how a mere observation over a brief period of time can make you ponder how the simplest of actions can come across to a person. I have read many times that some individuals treat mere strangers with respect and treat family like dirt. Today I made this observation at McDonalds.....
Leilani and Christopher both made a special request to go to the McD's with the playground which is in the next town over. Since we were not scheduled to do anything today I happily obliged. After showering me with kisses and "Your the best mom!", I got us all ready, packed them both some socks in my purse (because the OCD in me can't fathom the two of them running around barefoot around the playroom) and made the 15 minute trip for some happy meals and playtime fun.
We ordered our meals and found a table for us to sit at to eat our lunch leisurely. Now keep in mind this was lunchtime, and this McD's is situated along a very busy route. About 3 minutes later, a man is walking around and scanning the restaurant for an empty table. He has 3 precious girls in tow. Finally he decides to sit the girls at the table next to us. He politely nodded hello to us and walked back to the registers. Upon his return he is with his wife. As she is heading toward the table she huffs and rolls her eyes: "You couldn't find a table with more room!" She spits out to her husband. She proceeds to slam down the tray she is holding on the table and starts placing happy meals in front of her girls. Then she turns to her husband and said "You could have at least gotten the napkins!" When he walks away she mumbles..."Damn idiot". He walks back with napkins and straws. Now the puss on this lady was unbelievable. She sat down and started prepping her salad....I guess the cashier forgot to give her crotons because just as her husband, who sat at a different table I might add, was about to take his first bite of his burger she turns to him and barks "Go get me an Italian dressing!" He lets out a sigh and walks to the register. He returns and she takes her dressing and continues what she was doing....no thank you....nada. Meanwhile she barks at her girls that they BETTER eat everything, and stop fidgeting (which they werent doing). But what baffled me was when someone she knew walked by, she went through a total transformation. She was so nice! But the moment she left it was back to the irratable woman who once more barked at her husband to get more napkins.....
Of course I have no idea what happens behind closed doors....but I do know that this woman has no respect for her husband whatsoever. It made me feel really sad for them. Maybe it is upbringing...whatever. But even if I am upset at Mike, if I ask him to get me something or other, I always say please and thank you. What is the saying "You catch more bees with Honey than with Vinegar?" Family should be treated with the same respect and consideration we give friends. Would we bark at a friend to do things even when we are mad at them? Of course not. Family are not lesser individuals. They require equal treatment.....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment