CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'd Sail Away....

What a week...I am so glad that it is over! Nothing dramatic happened or anything...just this overbearing heat. It is hard to imagine that it is hotter hear than in Miami, FL. My mom said that Northeast summers are worst than over there. I don't know if I could believe that since 100% humidity is disgusting at any high temp....

Yesterday we got a slight reprieve from the heat...it was 90 degrees instead of the 100 we were having. So I ventured out with the kids. Mike was working from home and since the kids were getting in his hair I decided I would wash them out of it for a little while. We went to McDonalds which they were hounding me to go there all week. Christopher miraculously ate all his meal. This is a boy that has the worst kind of appetite! But today he did well. Afterwards we went to Barnes & Nobles. While Christopher played with the Thomas the Tank Engine train table, and Leilani read her favorite books, I got up to date on the gossip of Hollywood. I shook my head at what the filthy rich wear and do....I mean with money like that....I would make sure I look HOT all the time. What is even more sad is the way these people go through spouses and treat loved ones. They toss out loved ones like they were last seasons pair of Minolo Blahnik. Some mother/daughter are overcome with hatred for one another. Come on! This is blood of your blood. The adage is true "Money doesn't buy happiness". And if another adage is true "Money is the root of all evil".....let me stay without the vastness, thank you!

In the evening the kids and I took a quick dip in the pool. And I mean quick! Although the water was spectacular....the mosquitos were out in full force! I got a couple of bites but poor Christopher! They had a feast on his back. He was so upset. So we came right in took our baths and then settled down with Mike to watch the Disney Cruise Line DVD. It is wonderful! We can not wait till next year to go on it. Mike and I went on a honeymoon cruise on Carnival and were instantly smitten with cruising! You are treated like royalty and you want for nothing. So we decided way back when if we had not gone on a cruise before our 10th anniversary we would go on one then. So we are now in the planning process. And since we are doing this as a family then we decided what better ship to go on than Disney's. It is perfect! So we all went to bed with dreams of sailing away!

0 comments: