16 days until the school year begins.....where did the summer go? It is hard to imagine that the summer is coming to a close. Today I was a bit sad because this means that Leilani will be in school all day...I sure do miss my little princess when she is at school. Not only that but this year Christopher starts preschool! Granted it is only 2 hours a day, but that means I will be without my little ones and kid free for 2 hours! It is going to be so strange at first....for the past 5 years I have always had at least 1 child by my side for every waking moment!
The positive aspect of this is that the 2 hours will allow me to study for my courses. My friend, Katy, and I have set up a car pool system. Since both of our boys will be in the same class at the same time it works out perfect. I will drop Christopher and her son Brian off at school and she will pick them up. This means that I will have exactly 2 hours of uninterrupted study time. No having to leave 10 minutes prior to dismissal time since Katy will have that covered.
I know once I am in the swing of things I will not feel so sad. And I guess I should be thankful for the 2 hours down time since this year Leilani will have an extra curricular activity after school 4 days out of the week! So I will be wearing my chauffers hat and shuttling Leilani off to Spanish class, dance class, religious instructions, or leading a Girl Scout troop of 16 girls (it grew by 5 this year!) Come Fridays I will be pooped!!!
All I have known for the past 5 years has been entertaining and nurturing my little darlings. What is sad is seeing them growing up so fast! Wish we can just slow down the hands of time.....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment