CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 28, 2007

I Give Up!

That's it. I have officially ended my quest to find a hairdresser near our home. I am accepting the fact that there is no hairdresser in my town that knows how to cut and style my curly mane.

This past spring I was feeling hopeful. A new salon opened up and I met some of the hairdressers at an expo. They saw how curly my hair was and they said that the owner Antonio can handle anything. I asked specifically if he had experience dealing with curly hair. Of course was thier answer. In hindsight I think he may have experience with loose curly hair. Not real curly....Shirley Temple ringlets hair.

I went in yesterday and decided to go in with my hair in its natural state. I didn't flat iron it or blow it out straight. The gentleman was nice enough. He was attentive and asked alot of questions of what I would like. "I have alot of dead ends since I haven't gone for a haircut in a while. So please take off 2 inches at least. I am trying to grow out my bangs since the hair in the front of my face is so thin. So if you can style it without going too short awesome."

He went on to wash my hair. He gave an awesome head massage! Then I went to the seat. And he proceeded to finger curl my hair. Um....my hair does this naturally?? Finally he took out his shears. And he clipped probably an eighth of an inch of hair in random spots. I told him "Um, you can take off about 2 inches. I know my ends are really dry". To which he replied, "Your hair is fine honey. It's healthy." I think I shed more hair in a hair washing than what he had laying on the floor before me.

Here I was sitting, waiting for the magic to happen...and NOTHING. OK your done. I know he saw the expression on my face that I was NOT happy. I went over, paid thier astronomical fee for a mere trim (I hate arguing) and left.....defeated. I will never ever find a someone like my old hairdresser in NYC.

Now I have an appointment for next Friday with my dear Ana in the Bronx.

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

I have read a bunch of stories of bad hair cuts lately! The worst is having to pay twice! Once for a crap job..and then twice for the redo! I hope your friend Ana does your hair really nice! Post pics will ya???? BTW...where in the jersey shore? I grew up in Middletown....exit 114 off the GSP!

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

Middletown is not too far from me at all! We are exit 91 off the GSP.