CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day


Yes the weeks of summer flew by in a heartbeat. We spent our Sunday fixing our laptop. It CRASHED!!!! Of course all the data that was on it is gone. I am so glad it wasn't the PC. I know I lost some things but my most important items are on the PC. Pics being the number one. I was so paranoid months ago if something should happen to the computer that I begged Mike to get an external hard drive. Now all the pics are stored there. Thank God! I don't know what I would do if I lost all those pics!

After Grandpa Mario finished reconfiguring it, we decided to go the boardwalk. It seems fitting to get in one more day by the ocean before the hustle and bustle of a new school year begins. It took us forever to find parking! But it was well worth it! We had a great time and enjoyed the delicious ocean breeze.

Today was a laid back kind of day. We went to the mall and I was able to score 2 perfect shorts I can use for our trip on sale at Ann Taylor Loft. Since losing weight with Weight Watchers and going down a couple of sizes, all my shorts from last year fit ridiculously big. The belt cinches the waist too much where you can tell that they are a couple of sizes too big. Not that I am complaining. I love it, but it also means that I have to purchase new clothes. Since I wasn't doing anything special, I lived with the cinched shorts and alternated them with the 2 pairs of new shorts my mom bought me at the beginning of the summer. Only because I knew that in 2 short months they would all be on clearance. (Summers are short here in the northeast). After patiently looking through the 60% off racks, I scored big. 2 pairs of shorts at $12 a piece. Regularly priced at $36! Perfect!

The rest of the time we browsed and window shopped. We had lunch and returned home. Leilani was excited that she was able to find a retired Webkinz that she has been searching for. Now her horse named Brownie is a happy member of her Webkinz family is at this moment enjoying playtime with her new owner!

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Where are you going on your trip?

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

We are going to Disney World! LOL That and the cruise. We are celebrating 2 birthdays and a 10th Anniversary while we are there.