CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week Full of Fun!

I can't believe it has been a week since I last updated my blog! Well....I can, I was just so incredibly busy that I didn't even have a chance to websurf! My friend Jenn didn't see me online for a while and was wondering where I have been!

Here is a quick synopsis of what I have been up to:

Thursday, September 20th

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mike and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary! It is so hard to imagine that we have been married for 10 years already! Amazing! That morning I went to buy him his present, a new pair of shoes. He desperatly needed a new pair, and I decided to get him a pair that is different than what he normally buys. Time for his to update his style! He loved them! He says they are quite comfy. What he gave me deserves a post of its own since I am having such a blast with it! So that will come tomorrow.
Mike came home early since I have school, and he really wanted to take us out to dinner. We went for an early dinner at the Bonefish Grill. YUMMY!!! We had a seafood martini for an appetizer and I had a salmon entree drizzled with a mango chutney over veggies, and Mike had a Brazilian Sea Bass. Both were delicious! We tied it all together with a creme brulee dessert that was out of this world. Then I had to run off to school. It is a wonder that I was able to concentrate the whole evening after rolling my way in there!

Friday, September 21
We had our last Girl Scout meeting to prep for our first ever Fall Encampment. The girls were so excited they were bouncing off the walls! Leilani and I stayed behind after all the girls left and Pam ordered pizza and we had dinner with her, Beth and the girls. We were all set and ready to go.

Saturday, September 22

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fall Encampment! It went on without a hitch. THe girls absolutely loved it! They had an actual Native American come to the Camp grounds and he talked to them about the importance of family, loving and protecting our enviornment, and being a good citizen. It was purely inspirational! Then the girls went rowboating and did crafts. They loved everything. That evening we all attended the campfire and then went back to our campsite for marshmallow roasting and Smores. They all fell asleep by 12:30 am without a hitch. (Well one girl was keeping the girls up, but after hearing a threat to sit out future trips, that seemed to do the trick!) Two of the girls went home after campfire, and the other 9 stayed and next morning gushed about how much fun they had. They can't wait till the next encampment. Pam, Beth, and I were excited about it too!

Sunday, September 23
Once I arrived home from the encampment, I retreated to my room for a much deserved nap. Enough said!

Monday, September 24
My first day volunteering at Leilani's school. I helped out her teacher and the main office. It felt wonderful being able to be of assistance to them. The schools give so much to our children, it is only right to be able to give back a little of our time to them.
I also went to my dentist appointment. Needed a filling. No fun. But it is done and over with and now I don't have to return till my next scheduled cleaning. YEAH!!!

Yesterday
Was my usual Running Around Like a Chicken Without a Head Tuesday. I did my usual Tuesday & Thursday walking regimen around the resevoir and then returned home to relax before the madness of chauffeuring Leilani to CCD and dance. It felt so good to come home to a little KFC served at the table already. After dinner I winded down to some HOUSE MD (LOVE that show!) and promptly fell asleep at 10pm.

Today...
This morning was day two of my volunteering. This time I volunteered for a fourth grade teacher that requested someone to help her. I was moving right along with her pile of copies when half way through the copy machine broke down. FIGURES! So I collected her things and took them back to her room and left her note stating what had happened. Lucky thing I was able to finish the items she needed for this week. Friday I will be assisting Leilani's former 1st grade teacher.
After my time was up, I went to my cardiologist appointment. Everything is A-OK, thank God. Got an EKG done, since I was due for a new one and went on my merry way. Made a friend at the Dunkin Donuts I stopped at for a treat for Christopher and Leilani and even exchanged numbers. (Mike thinks I am nuts when that happens!) Got home in time for Leilani's bus and helped her with her homework and studying for her test tomorrow. Now I am off to study myself.

Aahhh...it feels good to be all caught up!

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

Funny...I was just thinking what happened to you! Your girl scout adventures sound like soo much fun!
And I loved seeing the pictures of you!