I am going to be a Godmommy!!! My best friend, Brenda, is expecting her first baby! I am so incredibly happy for her. She had a whole elaborate plan in which to break the news to me, but unfortunately the NYC transit system spoiled it. She wanted to buy me a card and tell me the news that way, but her train to the Port Authority was late. So I picked her up from the bus terminal and when I saw her she looked like she has put on a little weight. I knew she was trying for a while, but I didn't want to ask "Hey are you pregnant?" since I know for some that can be a touchy question when you are trying your darndest to concieve. But I brushed off the extra weight gain as Married Life is Agreeing With her!
We made our way to Atlanta Bread Company to grab a bite to eat for lunch. One we are seated she is about to bite into her chicken pesto panini when suddenly she looks at me and asks "Ugh Oh, I didn't ask what type of cheese this is." I told her it is mozarella. She responds "Hmmm, I know there is a certain mozarella I shouldn't be eating." I looked at her with a big smile on my face and said: That processed mozarella is fine, it is the fresh one you have to be careful with! And of course I said You're pregnant! She nodded in agreement and I jumped out of my chair and went over to hug and congratulate her. I was beaming! I have been waiting so long for her to have a baby. I told her I thought she has put on a little weight the moment I saw her. And she agreed. She said even if she wanted to hide her pregnancy, it seems that this little peanut wants to make it's presence known! When we got up to leave, I definitely saw a baby pouch!
So my Godson or Goddaughter is due for May 11th. Bren is not sure if she wants to find out the sex of the baby. She said she will wait and see what she decides when her level 2 ultrasound comes around. After lunch we stopped at Barnes and Nobles where I purchased "Your Pregnancy: Week by Week" for her. I am so excited!
Yesterday, we dropped Bren off at her mom's house and then went to Nikola's baptism reception in CT. He is just too darn cute! 4 months old and not a peep comes out of him while he is passed along from arm to arm to have his photo taken with his guests. Leilani waiting patiently till everyone had a round and was so happy when she finally got a chance to hold him for a while. She followed Jennifer around all day so she can dote on Niko. She was in heaven talking about him the whole ride back home. It made her anticipate more having a baby around the house for a week.
Today my little sister Tina and my niece Tianna arrive for a week long visit. I can not wait to spend some quality time with my sis, and am just beside myself knowing that I am finally going to hold my niece in my arms. The playpen is ready, the carseat is out, and I will be making my sisters favorite dinner....lasagna with garlic bread. So if I am not around in the next few days, you know why!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment