What a wonderful weekend we are having! Mother Nature has been great to us here in the Jersey Shore. No humidity...abundant sunshine....and temperatures in the low 80's. Perfect!
Mike and I had a wonderful date afternoon. We went to the movies and saw "Bourne Ultimatum". The movie was fantastic! Action from start to finish. It is so hard to make a trilogy where the last movie is as good as the first, but the director pulled it off. Afterwards we enjoyed small talk over a sushi lunch. YUMMY!!! I swear, I can eat sushi everyday if we had the means to do so.
We got back home and Mike went on the hunt of the disgusting odor that had been permeating our home. I thought it was a dead mouse in the crawl space. But when Mike went outside to work on the pool he said the odor was stronger upon going out the door. It was then that he decided to take a peek under the deck. At first he couldn't really see anything, so he came back in for his flashlight. He said as he scanned from the left, he didn't see anything....but as soon as he swept the light along the right side...there it was! He came back in to get his gloves and told me he found something and I didn't want to know what it was. The hairs on the back of my neck went up. And the first thing I blurted was "You found a dead cat." He was shocked that I guessed it. So he and his dad went to do the horrible duty of getting rid of the carcass. YUCK! I have no idea what they did with it...and I don't want to know!
Since now our yard smelled awful, we decided to take the kids to the park to play t-ball and play on the playground. We all had a great time. We closed the day a trip to the pizzeria and dessert at Dairy Queen.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
Just ran across your blog while viewing some others....I think we have a few things in common, particularly scrapbooking and Disney. We are planning another Disney vacation for next summer and I can't wait. I invite you to read my posts from Aug. 16 and Aug. 30. My husband and I too enjoy those rare "date" afternoons or evenings!
ewwwwwww a dead cat?
I am going to tell my husband the 3rd movie is a good one..hint..hint maybe he'll take me :)
Post a Comment