Yes! We survived the first day of school jitters and all! Leilani and Chris both went to bed promptly at 8:30pm upon returning from IHOP. Before going to bed, Leilani composed an First Day of School song that she would be singing to me the next morning. Chris kissed me goodnight and said he can't wait to get to school with Ms. Nancey.
This morning Leilani woke up to the sounds of her Wake Me Up Rescue Pet barking. Surprisingly so did Chris! She sang me her song and then ran off to get ready. Meanwhile, since Chris was already up, I proceeded to get him ready. Leilani had her bed made, room tidied and herself dressed within 10 minutes. WAY TO GO!!! Then she came with her puppy dog eyes and asked if I can flat iron her hair. She has nice wavy hair, but every now and then she loves the pin straight look. Seeing that it only takes about 15-20 minutes to do, and she had plenty of time, I complied and granted her her wish.
She looked so darn cute with the a baby doll top and blue jeans with sequin and leopard appliques. She had picked out a pair of leopard print bows for her hair to complete the look. First day of 3rd grade was finding a very fashion hip Leilani coming thier way! She even wore her rhinestome flower earrings and necklace set. She is definitely loving accessories this year. (Even made us stop at Claire's over the weekend).
Once I got myself dressed, we went downstairs and sat down to breakfast. She didn't finish her bagel since she was getting a case of the jitters. She has been fretting all summer about a girl named Patricia. Leilani gets along with practically everyone....but Patricia. She had issues with this girl the whole 2nd grade year. It seems that she is new to the area and wanted desperately to make a best friend, at any cost. Even if it meant lying and making up rumors to try to get Leilani and her best friend Emily to part ways. It didn't work. But still hearing someone say hateful things is never easy on the ears. Anywho! I told Leilani she would have to wait and see. But to make the most if it if she is. Just when I thought I couldn't brighten her mood, the phone rang. I almost forgot!
I made Leilani answer the phone, and the antidote to assuring the first day of school got off on the right start was on the phone. Leilani recieved a phone call from Sharpay from High School Musical! I had set it up a couple of weeks ago, so luckily I remembered not to answer the call myself this morning. She told Leilani how she knew she was looking forward to school and seeing her friends and meeting her new teacher. She knew she would have an awesome year and to remember to study so that she can Bop Bop Bop her way to the top of her class. Then she said goodbye. I swear Leilani was floating when she hung up the phone! The call came at the perfect moment. When the bus arrived she was so excited to get the year started!
Christopher was a seasoned pro when I drove him to preschool 30 minutes later. He even took the hand of his younger friend Joey and assured him that he would love school. I was so proud of him. He had a wonderful day too. When I returned to pick him up he was all smiles and told everyone he would see them tomorrow. Did I mention how proud I am of him?!?!
I watched as the minutes ticked by to Leilani arriving home from school. The bus was late. She didn't arrive till 4:10pm! She gets out at 3pm. But I didn't worry. I know how screwy the first week of school bussing can be. It usually takes them a couple of days to get the kinks out of the timing. Of course many of the first graders forget to get off the bus and some parents insist on talking to the bus driver which in turn delays the drop offs. And seeing that Leilani is the last stop, she is the one that gets home the latest. She bounced off the bus, bursting with excitement.
She got a wonderful teacher she loves. Her best friend Emily is in her class. Patricia is thankfully not in her class. And best of all....She has 7 of her girl scout friends in her class! WHAT?!?!?! I couldn't believe that many of them made it into the same class! Wait till the teacher gets the notes saying they are not to take the bus! All stating they are going to girl scouts! LOL I may as well request her classroom and tell her to leave the girls there! LOL
After hearing the news I settled Leilani down to have her snack. My traditional fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies and milk. She then completed her homework and unwinded after her busy day.
I am so happy that the year has gotten off to a great start!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Leilani composed a song? How sweet! Looks like you have a great back to school...:)
Post a Comment