CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

In 16 Hours....

Leilani and Chris will be back to school. Goodbye lazy days of summer.....Hello Mommy chauffeuring both of them from one activity to the next!

The first official activity begins Friday. Today my coleaders Pam and Beth and I met up with the parents of our Girl Scouts Troop to let them know what they will be anticipating in the coming year. The one big event is the Fall Encampment. 11 of our 15 girls will be attending. Pam geared us up with brand new sleeping bags so we are set. Friday we meet with the girls that are going on the camping trip and starting our work on our Indian tribe presentation. We picked the Mohawk tribe. Mainly because all the New Jersey ones were taken....and the fact that it is close enough to New Jersey. The girls had a blast seeing each other and the parents felt prepared for thier girls first camping trip.

Christopher was also excited today. We had preschool orientation. He was curious to see who his teacher would be. On the way to the school he was telling me "Mommy, I hope I have Ms. Nancy again." Of course I had to prep him for the possibility that he would get a different teacher. I explained that Leilani never has the same teacher twice, and that could very well be the case with him too. We needed not fret....he got the teacher of his choice! He was ecstatic to see her, and so was she. She told him that he would be her big helper since he knows the ins and outs of her preschool class. It made me feel better knowing that he knew his teacher and that should make tomorrow morning run smoothly.

Leilani has her clothes picked out all the way down to her socks and shoes. I have to do the same for Christopher. Tonight we are taking them out to IHOP as a special day before school dinner.

Tomorrow morning will be bittersweet...even if for 2 hours!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your kids first day!

Its strange having a middle schooler,ha! She has become very independent so that is nice!