CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to School Night

I survived back to school night! It is always one of the most frenzied hours. I can imagine what it is like for the teachers. You go from a 30 minute presentation in the auditorium which happens to be exactly the same every year...and then we are shuffled to your child's classroom for a 30 minute presentation with the teacher. Since school hasn't been in session for that long, the teacher mainly talks about her teaching experience and what her philosphy and goals are for the year. Honestly she can't say much about your child since she has only seen them a total of 8 days. In Leilani's case she has only seen her 5 days. She has been out sick.

When I arrived in the classroom I met Mrs. Todaro. My first impression was a good one. She is very young! She later revealed she has 7 years experience teaching 3rd grade and she loves teaching this grade. On Leilani's desk was a letter to me from her. She wrote how she was glad that I went to her back to school night to meet her teacher and what she is looking forward to learning the most. It was really sweet. And I wrote her a little note that will great her this morning.

After her presentation I briefly chatted with the teacher. Just small talk....forwarned her that she has 8 of my energetic girl scouts in her class. She was excited about that. She said if I have any questions or concerns I can call or email her.

I am sure Leilani will have a wonderful third grade year!

0 comments: