CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 30, 2006

We Got a HEATWAVE Burning In Our Hearts

Well the oppressive heat is among us again. As much as I wanted to stay indoors I knew that we had to venture out with the kids. I will have more than enough time to stay indoors with the Leilani and Christopher during the week!

Yesterday we went to White Castles for lunch and the headed over to the mall and picked up Leilani and Christopher's backpacks for school. We stopped by JCPenney's looking for any new sales for school clothing for Leilani. No such luck. But we did manage to get Christopher 4 complete outfits, shirts and pants for a mere $48! I was one happy camper! That along with the clothes that still fit him from last year should hold him through the early fall at least until his birthday comes. He will get more outfits then.

After that we took the kids to an amusement park on Long Beach Island. They were so excited since it had been awhile since we had been there. The heat just exhausted me. Each time they would get on a ride I would scope out a spot nearby in the shade and Leilani quickly learned to look for me in the shaded area! LOL Chreistopher seems to have come out just like me because he was a bit moody from the weather. ONce they were done with the rides we found a table and relaxed while sipping iced tea and listening to the DJ play all the summer classic tunes. When we had our fill we took a quick ride across the street to a little seafood joint. It reminds me so much of City Island. Except of course that City Island's food is so much more yummier! It felt so much better to enjoy dinner outdoors since the sun had begun to set. So we ate at a leisurely pace and once we were done, we made our way back home.

One look at the weather report this morning and I just knew I didnt want to have anything to do with the outdoors. Of course I couldn't get my way....we had to go food shopping. Thank the Lord that the supermarkets crank up the air conditioning because once we arrived Christopher and I were exstatic! We ran back in the car and made our way home to where I have not step one foot outside since! I have been working on some Disney Scrapbook swaps I have to mail out. They are cute and simple. They were not your average Mickey or Minnie ones, so they challenged me. That and the fact that I had made them up just to later realize I had made the WRONG thing for them! LOL But I can happily say they are 90% complete and should be ready to be shipped tomorrow afternoon!

0 comments: