CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Birthday America!

After a quiet Monday spent at the Mall and finished off with dinner at IHOP, we couldn't wait for all the activities we had scheduled for the 4th!


There is No Saying Summer....
like spending the day at the beach! The week of Memorial Day, our family geared up for the summer days ahaed by purchasing the township beach badge and parking permit and were all set for fun times at the beach! Unfortumately we haven't had that awesome weather till this weekend.


So we woke up bright and early, had some breakfast and got all dressed for our first of many times at the beach this summer. I made some sandwiched and packed some drinks in the mini cooler and we were off! I have to say I LOVE this beach. Normally we would go to the beach at Point, but it is always extremely crowded and is Oh so expensive! Our towns beach is less crowded, inexpensive, and did I mention so clean! Points beach has alot of rocks in the sand, Towns beach is so sandy with very little pebbles and rocks in it. Leilani LOVED it! Christopher was a little skeptical about the water....I don't blame him though...it was FREEZING! That didn't stop Leilani though. We had a great time building sandcastles...it was a wonderful way to spend the day!


And The Rockets Red Glare....
We headed back home around 2pm, got showered and changed, and spent the rest of the day lounging. Mike hit the BBQ and made some delicious chicken breasts and shrimps on the grill with a light vinegrette pasta, YUMMY! Then we headed over to Point to see the fireworks. We had to wait 2 long hours! But was it worth the wait! It was so beautiful to see the pyrotechnics put on thier show. On our walk back to the car, Leilani and I sang Happy Birthday to America and the Star Spangled Banner. It was a Happy 4th of July!

0 comments: