CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 21, 2006

TGIF

What a week! This heatwave drained every ounce of energy from me. I can't wait for summer to be over.....yes we are halfway done, but the end can't come soon enough! LOL

Let's see what did I do this week...

Tuesday:As much as I wanted to stay in the confines of my nice little air conditioned house, we did manage to venture out. We literally ran to the can, buckled up, prayed that the AC would cool the van PRONTO and drove the 5 minute frove to Sandra's house for a lunch/playdate. The kids had fun and I enjoyed my time talking to other fellow mommies like myself. After a couple of hours we ran back in the car, buckled up, prayed again for teh AC to cool us off quickly and drove back to the house. The rest of the day I spent playing Disney Scene It with Leilani, made dinner and then played Twister with Mike, Leilani and Chris.

Wednesday:Again a scorcher of a day. I spent the whole day inside. It was great since I got to accomplish alot around the house. Stripped the beds and washed and put away all the linens. Leilani had her classmate KAtherine come over for a playdate. That evening we met up with Mike at Surf Taco! Wow, I am addicted to this place! Thier burritos are delicious! Leilani and I even managed to get a few games of Connect Four in while we were waiting for the food to come out.

Thursday:We were suppose to go swimming at our friend Sandy's house but with Hurricane Beryl looming off shore, we had wet and dry weather. We decided to reschedule the swim for Monday and then I decided it would be a good day to go to the mall. I had to purchase a gift for Leilani's friends, whose party she is invited to this weekend. Luckily the weather outside was bearable. No humidity and the temps had dropped from a miserable 96 degrees to a more withstandable 85. We enjoyed the day at the mall and then I came back home to the scare of my life!

When I walked into the garage I heard my home alarm ringing. Strange...I thought maybe the door moved when the garage door was going up and it tripped the alarm. I run in to shut it off and I realize that it was tripped upstairs...WHAT! I got Leilani out and into the car and I called Mike. The alarm people had called him on his cell. The next series of events I should know better to have NOT done. Youd think me, a fan of scary movies and suspense thrillers would have learned you never go upstairs alone. Leave that work to the professionals. Instead of waiting for the police to come and investigate upstairs, I went with Mike on the line. Like he could have done anything if I had encountered any danger! I looked in all the bedrooms and nothing was amiss. All the windows were shut tight as they were left. Perfect. There must have been a glitch in the alarm. But of course I was on edge the whole day until Mike got home. Thinking of the what ifs. Mike tried to console me by saying "We live in the 5th safest town in the whole United States, but hey that doesnt change the fact that what I did was just plain dumb. Thankfully there was nothing wrong. But I have learned next time I DO NOT go to investigate.

Thank God It's Friday!

This morning I woke up and picked up around the house and dealed with Christopher antics. Potty training is not going so well....and if that wasnt enough he was trying to keep the towels from the downstairs bath away from Leilani that he LOCKED the bathroom door purposly. Of course I can't open it and we have to wait for Mike to get home to unlock it. I took the kids to a McDonalds with a playground for lunch. They know the rules, they have to finish all thier lunch before they can play. Leilani followed it to the T. Christopher on the other hand ate 3 nuggets and then started his usual antics. See Christopher gags himself so you can tell him "Oh Chris its ok thats it dont eat no more" But that stunt doesn't work on me. I told him to stop his antics and if he spit up he was not going to play. So he decides that instead of taking his time with the nugget he shoves the whole thing in his mouth and starts chewing this time really gagging and making a mess of himself! I was frustrated and about to leave....Leilani was in tears and I thought wait a minute....it isnt fair that she cant play. So I cleaned him up the best I could, thanked the poor McDonalds employee who had to clean the mess and then promptly sat him in a chair and had him WATCH Leilani play for 20 minutes. After that of course we had to return home. So the rest of the day has been spent working on scrapbook swaps and listening to music on MySpace.

I am looking forward to this weekend though. My best friend Brenda is coming over to hang out the weekend. We always go out so we can have girl time and have lunch and talk. So while Mike takes the kids to the party I will be out and about with Brenda. Leilani can't wait to see her since she happens to be her godmother too. Then Sunday we will be going to Family Day at the Racetrack. Then we will drive Bren back to the bus stop and that will be the end to our weekend....

0 comments: