CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 28, 2006

Summer is Breezing By......

It's funny how all winter long the days drag by as we shiver in the cold longing for the warm days of spring to come along and then dog days of summer to set in. Then it arrives as whisked by in a flash! For me this week went by just that fast. And before you know it the summer will be over. (Which is fine by me since I am not much for the sweating and having your makeup melt off your face anyway! LOL)

This week the kids had a great time and were happily entertained each day.


MONDAY- Pool time at Sandy's House. She added a pool to her house this past spring and her husband did some landscaping. I can say it one word...BEAUTIFUL! We had a ball soaking in the pool. I LOVED the built in water massage chairs by the steps. My back was very thankful. The funniest thing was watching her dog Muffin "surfing" in the pool! He was a natural! LOL

TUESDAY- I didn't have anything officially planned since we were suppose to go into the city to see Tio Ameh since he had a one day layover before heading back home to FL after his trip to Germany. But that unfortunately didn't pan out. He originally had suggested that he would meet us in the city which wouldn't be a problem for me to do. But it turns out he wasn't going into the city after all and asked if we can go see him at the airport. Unfortunately there is no way I could have done that. That would have meant taking the bus into the city then taking 2 subway trains to Kennedy Airport. Did I mention that I would have done this with a 7 and 3 year old? Not to mention it would have taken approximately 3 hours to travel there and then 3 hours to travel back. I can already see my two and I can imagine how frazzled I wouldve been! LOL So as much as I wanted to see my uncle (My favorite one too) I had to pass. We ended up going to the bank to get Chris' birth certificate from the saftey deposit box, going to his ped to get his immunization record and then finally going to his school to hand in his paperwork for preschool. Christopher is OFFICIALLY registered! YEAH!

Wednesday-I was moving nonstop since I woke up that morning! I made some cinnomon rolls for breakfast as a treat especially since Mike had taken the day off from work to get some much needed chores around the house done. Leilani and I went to see "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" with a few friends of ours. The movie was awesome! I can not wait till summer 2007 to see the conclusion! The movie was long and Michele and I were surprised how well the kids sat through it. After the movie we took them to McDonalds the next town over so they can play in the indoor playground once they were done eating. It was a great way for them to expend some of that energy they built up while sitting 2 1/2 hours in the movie theater. We let them play for an hour, said our goodbyes and headed back home. We picked up Mike and Chris and headed to the boardwalk to see Radio Disney on the beach, ride the rides, and then have dinner at the pizzeria on the boardwalk. It was a gorgeous day and we had a blast!

Thursday-It was being forecasted that this would be the last nice day with low humidity before our next heatwave streak, so we took full advantage of it! We met up with Pam and her girls at the park and had a playdate and a picnic. Of course the scrapper in me was upset that I didnt bring my camera! It was picture perfect. The kids behaved wonderfully! Afterwards, Leilani went to her playdate with Andie and Katie, and I went home with Christopher and took him for a dip in the pool. He was as happy as a clam. He had the whole pool to himself! After an hour he was ready to get inside to watch some uninterrupted television time. As much as he loves playing with his sister, he does look forward to alone time with Mommy.

Well some wonderful news on the potty train. We are into day 4 of NO ACCIDENTS!!! Is this a sign that we are almost done of our days of carrying around diaper bags??? I do hope so! I am really looking forward to the day I can report that!

Now off to prepare myself for the weekend!

0 comments: