CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Time Flies When Your Having Fun!

It's a shame how fast the weekend came and went. I love my weekends! It is always spent doing fun stuff with the family, hanging out with dear friends of mine, and participating in activites and hobbies that I hold true to my heart. This weekend was no different.

Saturday morning I woke up early since I was restless and couldn't sleep. I took a long relaxing shower then came downstairs and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I sat down in the family room and watched a little news and read through some magazines that I subscribe to (Oprah magazine and the latest Creating Keepsakes to name a couple of which I Went through)while I ate my breakfast. Afterwards I came online to tinker around a bit. Mike and the kids woke up 90 minutes later and I sat with them while they ate breakfast.

Before you knew it, it was time to get the kids bathed and dressed to go to the twins birthday party with Mike. I got ready and went to pick up Bren from the bus terminal. The bus was late due to traffic and an accident so I waited an extra 20 minutes. When she arrived we decided to go to the Atlanta Bread Company to get a Greek Salad for lunch. It was delicious! And it was even more fun since we got a chance to catch up on the latest happenings in each others life and laugh and talk about things have been happening around us. They practically had to tell us to leave since we were there for quite a while! LOL We decided to go get some lattes at Starbucks in the Barnes & NObles afterwards (of course I had my Caramel Macchiato!) It is so much fun for us to spend time together. We don't do it nearly as much as we'd love to being that we live 80 miles away from each other and of course our lives are so different than it was back in high school and college. But when we do get together it is always an enjoyable time spent.

We got back to the house and Mike and the kids were still not home! Long party. But it wasn't long before they arrived. Leilani attached herself to her godmothers side and Christopher followed suit. The rest of the evening was spent having Dominos pizza for dinner and then playing Scrabble, Twister, and Disney Scene It. Leilani even managed to teach her "Nina" how to play The Nintendo Gamecube Star Wars game! Before you knew it we were all exhausted and decided to call it a night.

This morning I made a pancake breakfast and giggled all morning talking about silly things we did when we were younger. Nothing beats fond memories! We were scheduled to go to the Racetrack but the rain put a damper on those plans. We decided to go to the mall and then it was time to take Bren back to the bus stop. All in all it was a great weekend!

0 comments: