CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Highlights

* Friday I took Leilani, Chris, & Malik to the local High School Carnival. Unfortunately, we didn't know that it was mostly geared for children Leilani's height and taller. This drastically limited the rides that Malik and Chris could go on. No matter. They had a good time anyway.

* Mike and I took the kids to CB Huntington's for lunch on Saturday. All was well till Christopher decided to start whining and screaming at the top of his lungs when we told him to quit banging on the glass. Nothing we would say would make him stop. We were utterly humiliated! I think he thrives on bringing attention to himself.

* As Christopher's punishment for his "Act" at the restaurant, he was "treated" to watching his sister and cousin get on all the rides at Blackbeard's Cave while he sat on the sidelines.

* We went to Lowe's and purchased a new mailbox. Boy, did we need one!

* We went to little Sara's Christening. It was our first time seeing her. She is absolutely adorable. It was really nice seeing our friends. We promised to not let so much time go by without seeing each other.

* Two words....Chocolate Fondue! Oh my goodness, it was too die for! Of course it was the hit of the Christening reception!

Today started out very dreary with the sun coming out in the late afternoon. Needless to say, it was a bumming around kind of day. I would have stayed in my pj's all day if it weren't for Leilani's swimming classes. The first 2 week session was wonderful. Last week, left much to be desired. She was placed in another group and she was learning absolutely nothing. I spoke to the head instructor and voiced my concerns. Today her regular instructor was not there. The substitute was much better. She even took Leilani into the deep end and she treaded water! She was so proud of herself, as was I. Hopefully this week, which is the last one, will be much better.

3 comments:

Melissa S said...

Oh yeah....I can imagine the humiliation...ugh!!! You handled it with grace and dignity...:)

Congrats to Leilani for treading in the deep end....:)

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the restaurant situation! Sitting on the sidelines and watching sister works for us too.....this too shall pass!

Glad you all had a great weekend!

Diva's Thoughts said...

* As Christopher's punishment for his "Act" at the restaurant, he was "treated" to watching his sister and cousin get on all the rides at Blackbeard's Cave while he sat on the sidelines. That is a good one!